[Gems-users] Adding new instructions

Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2005 19:39:30 -0700 (PDT)
From: arrvindh shriraman <arrvindh_shriraman@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Gems-users] Adding new instructions
I am doing research on the memory hierarchy system and
transactional memory systems. I would like to research
the following

(1) New states in the cache coherence protocol. I
would like to work with both Token-Coherence and
standard MESI and compare the two with these add on
states. I would be thankful if I can be pointed out to
some sample code to add new states or instructions on
what i need to do to get the new protocol running and
how I can verify the correctness.

(2) I would also like to add some new instructions
(vectorizing,atomic). Would this be possible with
current infrastructure. If so how, since SIMICS
wouldn't have these instructions and processor state
could be mismatched.

With Regards

Arrvindh Shriraman
Conputer Science Department