Re: [Gems-users] Flush back L2 Cache

Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 16:04:57 -0600 (CST)
From: Bradford Beckmann <beckmann@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Gems-users] Flush back L2 Cache
Weihang,

That's a great question!  Definitely an issue real hardware needs to
handle.  The simple answer is Ruby assumes page faults don't happen
often, therefore, there is no logic to handle this.

If you're trying to implement this, one thing to remember is the caches
are controlled by the SLICC generated controllers.  Therefore, a straight
forward cache flushing functionality would need to be implemented in each
*cache*.sm file.  This of course would result in a lot of duplicate code.

Brad