Re: [Gems-users] MOESI_CMP_directory protocol : Invalid Transition

Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2005 10:49:24 -0500 (CDT)
From: Mike Marty <mikem@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Gems-users] MOESI_CMP_directory protocol : Invalid Transition
Possible protocol bug.  So the bug happens when your DRAM module is used,
right?  Can you reproduce the invalid transition?

The tester is completely deterministic and uses the same random seed by
default (unless you specify it with the -r flag)

If so, I would be curious to see the protocol trace leading up to the bug
for the particular block that has the invalid transition.

The invalid transition will say which block address, and at what time the
invalid transition occurred.  If you start a debug trace (with the -s
<time> tester flag) before the invalid transition occurs and grep for the
block address, this should give a good idea of what happened and I can
probably make a fix.

If you get a trace file, or need more info on getting it, please e-mail
mikem@xxxxxxxxxxx

--Mike