[Gems-users] regarding cmp configuration

Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 01:28:41 -0400
From: floydian27@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Gems-users] regarding cmp configuration
hi
I was trying to simulate a cmp configuration (from the tutorial and following some of the messages from the list)
I am getting this error message
Turning I-STC off and flushing old data
Turning D-STC off and flushing old data
successful installation of the ruby timing model.
Ruby Timing Mode
Creating event queue...
Creating event queue done
Creating system...
Processors: 16
Creating system done
Ruby initialization complete
simics> c
*** Simics getting shaky, switching to 'safe' mode.
*** Simics (main thread) received a segmentation fault. Will try to recuperate.
<Simics is running in 'safe' mode>
-----------------------------------
I am using simics version 2.0.16 I have been able to run the SMP protocols successfully, but all the CMP protocols (non-token) seem to give me this error
here is my .simics file , i m trying to load ruby after a checkpoint
read-configuration ./checkpoints/basic_32p_splash
instruction-fetch-mode instruction-fetch-trace
istc-disable
dstc-disable
load-module ruby
ruby0.setparam g_NUM_PROCESSORS 16
ruby0.setparam g_MEMORY_SIZE_BYTES 536870912 ## this is to match the initial memory size in sarek
ruby0.setparam g_PROCS_PER_CHIP 4
ruby0.setparam g_NUM_MEMORIES 16
ruby0.setparam g_NUM_L2_BANKS 4
ruby0.setparam NUMBER_OF_VIRTUAL_NETWORKS 5
ruby0.setparam g_endpoint_bandwidth 1000
ruby0.setparam_str g_NETWORK_TOPOLOGY FILE_SPECIFIED
##ruby0.setparam_str REMOVE_SINGLE_CYCLE_DCACHE_FAST_PATH false
ruby0.init
#run-python-file "./ruby_config.py" ## this file is for supporting magic
Could u tell me if I have set any parameter incorrectly. I tried to use the debug facility ( i can send you a snapshot of the debug o/p file too, I couldnt figure out what went wrong )

Also another thing that I am interested in is regarding the CMP configurations u offer, does the network topology have to be FILE_SPECIFIED with a CMP configration, becoz I couldnt find any 2-processor-per- chip CMP network file? Is there a way to make one ?

-fl