Re: [Gems-users] Ruby Compiling

Date: Sat, 7 May 2005 08:35:25 -0500 (CDT)
From: Bradford Beckmann <beckmann@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Gems-users] Ruby Compiling
Nazanin,

default_param.h and tester_param.h are generated config files.  They are
generated from the files: ruby/config/rubyconfig.defaults and
ruby/config/tester.defaults.  Specifically, these lines of the
ruby/Makefile create the files:

$(GENERATED_DIR)/default_param.h: ../common/ioutil/embedtext.py
config/rubyconfig.defaults
	python ../common/ioutil/embedtext.py config/rubyconfig.defaults
$(GENERATED_DIR)/default_param.h global_default_param

$(GENERATED_DIR)/tester_param.h: ../common/ioutil/embedtext.py
config/tester.defaults
	python ../common/ioutil/embedtext.py config/tester.defaults
$(GENERATED_DIR)/tester_param.h global_default_tester_param

Without looking at your tree, it is hard for me to tell why these files
are not being created.  One sanity check you may want to do is to create
these files manually by running the python script interactively.  Also you
may want to add some @echo statements to ensure the Makefile is executing
these lines.

Brad