Re: [Gems-users] a few questions about ruby stats

Date: Fri, 20 May 2005 14:16:41 -0500
From: Alaa Alameldeen <alaa@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Gems-users] a few questions about ruby stats
I think you need to change the ruby configuration parameter: NUMBER_OF_VIRTUAL_NETWORKS to be at least the number of networks used by your protocol. I think MSI_MOSI_CMP_directory requires at least five virtual networks, so try changing this parameter to 5.

You can check the .sm files of your protocol to find out the number of virtual networks it uses (it should be somewhere near the top of the Cache Controller files).

-Alaa

yilmazer@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Thanks a lot.
I have another question with CMP.
I could not run ruby with MSI_MOSI_CMP_directory protocol. It gives the error
below.

  Processors: 16
failed assertion 'network_num < m_virtual_networks' at fn void
SimpleNetwork::checkNetworkAllocation(int, bool, int) in
network/simple/SimpleNetwork.C:200
failed assertion 'network_num < m_virtual_networks' at fn void
SimpleNetwork::checkNetworkAllocation(int, bool, int) in
network/simple/SimpleNetwork.C:200
At this point you might want to attach a debug to the running and get to the
crash site; otherwise press enter to continue

What can be the problem?
Thanks for your help.