[Gems-users] Regd using externally declared enumerations in the slicc files

Date: Mon, 30 May 2005 15:49:31 +0100 (BST)
From: Brinda Ganesh <brinda_ganesh@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Gems-users] Regd using externally declared enumerations in the slicc files
Hi

I am trying to perform a function call from within the
directory controller to an external function. My
external function requires as one of its arguments an
enum type which is defined in an include file.

Could you please tell me how I should declare this
enumeration so that the slicc parser does not throw up
an error nor does it cause a compilation error when
building ruby?

I have tried declaring the enumeration as an external
type but that seems to be incompatible. I have also
tried declaring it in the rubyconfig.defaults in the
form of a #define - but that also causes the initial
slicc parsing to fail.

I would really appreciate any help or pointers about
how to fix this
Thanks
Brinda