Re: [Gems-users] Protocol with Directory Cache

Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 08:35:15 -0600 (CST)
From: Mike Marty <mikem@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Gems-users] Protocol with Directory Cache
It depends on where the real directroy controller is in your system.  You
can easily take an existing directory controller and add a cache to it.
You can change the getState() function in the Directory controller to
return a different state if the directory entry is cached.  Actions
triggered by events to these cached states will use a lower latency.
However this approach isn't "on chip" unless your directory/memory
controller is on-chip as well.

--Mike