Re: [Gems-users] onchip directory in MOESI_CMP_directory protocol

Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 17:07:21 -0600 (CST)
From: Mike Marty <mikem@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Gems-users] onchip directory in MOESI_CMP_directory protocol
The network topology is independent of the messages a protocol uses.  The
PT_TO_PT and FILE_SPECIFIED are appropriate for this CMP protocol.

To see the _network_ latencies, set g_PRINT_TOPOLOGY to true in
$GEMS/ruby/config/rubyconfig.defaults.  Then in the Ruby stats, you will
see lines like the following to give you the minimum latency between
components:

  L1Cache-0 -> L2Cache-0 net_lat: 5

PT_TO_PT creates a simple network and uses the NETWORK_LINK_LATENCY and
ON_CHIP_LINK_LATENCY.

FILE_SPECIFIED networks use the files in
$GEMS/ruby/network/simple/NetworkFiles.  You can create an arbitrary
topology with link latencies and bandwidths specified.  The set of network
files is chosen based on the g_CACHE_DESIGN parameter.

--Mike