[Gems-users] Timing Model

Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2005 16:06:44 +0100
From: "Daniele Mangano" <daniele.mangano@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Gems-users] Timing Model

Hi,

I’m Daniele Mangano from University of Pisa.

I would like to learn more about GEMS memory timing model when the MSI_MOSI_CMP_directory protocol is used.

My first question maybe is quite banal:

What is the latency unit? Is it the ruby cycle?

In the ruby configuration file I see the following timing parameters:

-          L1_response_latency

-          L2_response_latency

-          L1_request_latency

-          L2_request_latency

What do response_latency and request_latency parameters refer?

Among the parameters I also see on_chip_link_latency and network_link_latency. I think that the first one is ignored when the file_specified network topology is used. Is it right?

What does network link latency refer?

Is cache timing model independent from the number of sets? If the right response is yes, it means that a parallel search is assumed. Is it right?

Thank you in advance.

Best regards,

     Daniele

Daniele Mangano, Ph.D Student