[Gems-users] where messages are actually moved?

Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 12:32:29 -0600
From: Liqun Cheng <liqun.cheng@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Gems-users] where messages are actually moved?
Hi there:

I want to dynamically change the network latencies for some specific messages to model one normal network and one slow/power-optimized network (double the point-to-point latency).

IMHO, all network latency changes are in the Throttle::wakeup, where the messages are actually moved from in_buffer to out_buffer
m_out[vnet]->enqueue(m_in[vnet]->peekMsgPtr(), m_link_latency);
m_in[vnet]->pop();

However, I am puzzled about the relationship between Throttle::wakeup and PerfectSwitch::wakeup. In PerfectSwitch::wakeup, line 319, messages are also moved, although no latencies are added.

Can somebody clarify this? thanks a lot!
Legion