Re: [Gems-users] New to simics and newer to GEMS

Date: Mon, 07 Aug 2006 08:01:35 -0500
From: Dan Gibson <degibson@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Gems-users] New to simics and newer to GEMS
Tamir,
I recommend GEMS 1.3 (the latest release) along with Simics 2.2.19. We have a lot of experience with Simics 2.X and the WIKI documentation is more seasoned for Simics 2.X.

Regards,
Dan Gibson

Tamir Heyman wrote:

Hi,
I want to use GEMS for its support of LogTM.
I'm working on Linux and I want you to recommend me a version of
simics and a version of GEMS that work smoodly together. From the web
page of virtutech, I got the impression that they suggest using simics
3.0. However Dan Gibson on June 01 seams to say it isn't recommend to
use simics 3.0.

What will be the fastest way to get simics and GEMS running?

Thanks, Tamir