[Gems-users] NUCA Profiler

Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 17:08:37 -0700
From: "Mishali Naik" <mishalinaik@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Gems-users] NUCA Profiler
Hi All,
           I have been trying to understand the various NUCA policies
implemented in ruby. If I have understood correctly, the way blocks
are being accessed in DNUCA are first check if the block is in the
local bank of the requesting processor, if not check the center bank
of the requesting processor and so on. So I wanted to know if the
latencies are different for a block being retrieved from the local
bank and a block being retrieved from the center bank. I haven't been
able to figure out how and where are the latencies being determined?
It would be great help if you can point me to the files where the nuca
profiler code is being used, which would be a starting point to
understand the various nuca stats.

Thanks a lot for all your help,
Mishali