[Gems-users] MOESI_CMP_directory

Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2006 12:47:48 -0700 (PDT)
From: Dave <zhu_dave@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Gems-users] MOESI_CMP_directory
Hello,

I have a few questions regarding MOESI_CMP_directory protocol.

-By looking at the source code (e.g. MOESI_CMP_directory-L1cache.sm), I see there is neither Exclusive nor Invalid state implemented. Why is that?
-There is no transient state to the extra states M_W, MM, and MM_W. Are the extra states never used?
-Is there a state transition diagram for the MOESI_CMP_directory protocol? It would really help to understand the protocol and the source code.
-It is said that this protocol uses non-inclusive L1/L2 caching with blocking caches. Could somebody please elaborate?

Thank you for your help.