Re: [Gems-users] Checking new protocol

Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2006 12:31:44 +0100
From: Blas Cuesta <blacuesa@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Gems-users] Checking new protocol
I have some questions about the random tester.

- Is there any manual for the random tester? How does it work? Does it need
any configuration file?

- On what is the random tester based to check the correctnes of the protocols?
I mean, I would like to know if it uses some generated code from the slicc
files (for example, funtions like getState or setState) or, otherwise, it
only checks that requests are eventually satisfied in a finite period of
time. I want to know that, because the code that runs my modified simulator
is not the same than the generated code from the slicc files. I have done
some changes in the generated files because of slicc limitations.

Thanks.

Best regards,

Blas.