[Gems-users] Modifying cache line and eviction scheme

Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 22:56:22 -0800
From: Gene Kishinevsky <genek@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Gems-users] Modifying cache line and eviction scheme
Hi all,

I am new to GEMS, but for my research I would like to add an extra field to the cache lines and also modify the cache block eviction scheme (from the basic LRU scheme). Ideally these changes would be independent of the cache coherency protocol, but could be made for a specific one if that's easier to implement. I would very much appreciate if someone could point me to the code that I need to modify to implement these changes. Also, knowing what part of the code actually performs accesses to the cache would be very useful.

Thanks a lot for the tips in advance.

-Gene