Re: [Gems-users] extention-makefile

Date: Mon, 05 Jun 2006 09:06:45 -0500
From: Dan Gibson <degibson@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Gems-users] extention-makefile
Hi Chenjie,

Let me address each of the messages you have received separately.

The message: "WARNING: The 'extension-makefile' is obsolete. Used by the 'ruby' module." is not a problem. It is part of the usual compilation process, and doesn't affect Ruby at all.

I have to guess at what your other error might be (please provide specific error messages for more clarity), but I imagine it is something to the tune of:
"Module ruby unexpectedly defined class 'ruby'".

If that is the case, then this warning message is also irrelevant. It is an artifact of how Ruby makes (limited) use of the Simics inter-module communication functionality.

Regards,
Dan Gibson

Chenjie Yu wrote:
Hi,

I am using ruby in my research.
I did as the quickstart told.
There is a warning in building ruby module:
WARNING: The 'extension-makefile' is obsolete. Used by the 'ruby' module.

I don't see other warnings.
Then I used simics and loaded ruby.

I saw a warning, say ruby defined a class 'ruby'.
And this ruby module cannot do anything.

Does anyone have a clue?

Thanks.