Re: [Gems-users] extention-makefile

Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2006 12:28:09 -0700 (PDT)
From: Chenjie Yu <ycj_sjtu@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Gems-users] extention-makefile
Dan,

1) use list-modules command, both ruby and opal are listed there.
    use list-failed-modules command, ruby command.py and opal command.py are reported to be not linked.

2) this doesn't help.

So how can I do to work this out?

Chenjie

Dan Gibson <degibson@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
Chenjie,
Jayaram's suggestion gives me a couple extra ideas as well.
Please:
1) invoke list-modules and list-failed-modules in simics and report results of them.
2) delete $GEMS/simics/[platform]/lib/modules.cache

Regards,
Dan

Chenjie Yu wrote:

Dan,

Yes, I checked those symlinks.
They are correct.

I started all over again. The same problem still remains.

Does this module have to go with specific configuration? I am using a clean checkpoint built from scratch, 1 processor, sol8.

Another change is we used Ubuntu system instead of Redhat Linux.

Is there some other clue?

Thanks,

Chenjie

Dan Gibson <degibson@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
Can you please verify that your symlinks are correct as described in the
Wiki setup page?
Your problem sounds like Ruby's commands.py file isn't available.

the correct symlinks should look something like this:
bash(1)% cd $GEMS/simics/src/extensions/ruby
bash(2)% ls -al
total 9
drwxr-x--- 2 user user 2048 Apr 25 10:55 ./
drwxr-x--- 19 user user 2048 Apr 25 10:55 ../
lrwxr-xr-x 1 user user 32 Apr 25 10:50 Makefile ->
../../../../ruby/module/Makefile
lrwxr-xr-x 1 user user 34 Apr 25 10:50 commands.h ->
../../../../ruby/simics/commands.h
lrwxr-xr-x 1 user user 35 Apr 25 10:50 commands.py ->
../../../../ruby/module/commands.py
lrwxr-xr-x 1 user user 36 Apr 25 10:50 mf_api.h ->
../../../../ruby/interfaces/mf_api.h
lrwxr-xr-x 1 user user 30 Apr 25 10:50 ruby.c ->
../../../../ruby/module/ruby.c

Regards,
Dan