Re: [Gems-users] Network topology

Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2006 07:22:41 -0600 (CST)
From: Bradford Beckmann <beckmann@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Gems-users] Network topology
Marco and Enric,

You can definitely connect multiple directory controllers to a single
switch.  There is no fundamental reason for the intermediate memory
switches.  Also the processors (i.e. drivers) communicate to the memory
system by issuing requests to the L1 Cache via the mandatory queue.
Therefore the L1 Caches in the network topology indicate the locations of
the processors.

Brad

On Tue, 21 Mar 2006, Enric Herrero wrote:

> Hi,
>   We are trying to configure a FILE_SPECIFIED network topology. We have checked the existing examples and we saw that the memory/directory is always connected to the network through several nodes. What is the purpose of this nodes? Are they necessary or its possible to connect the memory directly? We assume also that processors are placed along with the L1 caches but we don't know for sure. Hope you can help us with this.
>   Thank you
>
>   Marco and Enric

> http://es.voice.yahoo.com

 Department of Computer Science         Residence
 University of Wisconsin
 1210 W. Dayton St. #6366               608 Eagle Heights Apt. L
 Madison, WI 53706                      Madison, WI 53705
 (608)265-2702				(608)852-6133