Re: [Gems-users] Virtual Networks in MOESI_CMP_Directory

Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 11:57:29 +0200 (CEST)
From: Enric Herrero <enricherrero@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Gems-users] Virtual Networks in MOESI_CMP_Directory
We have seen that in the MOESI_CMP_Directory protocol
foo and goo message buffers are defined and also their
corresponding IN_ports and OUT_ports. But these ports
don't produce any event or change of state in the
protocol and they are never used by any action.

In the L1 memory:

  in_port(goo_in, RequestMsg, goo) {
    if (goo_in.isReady()) {
      peek(goo_in, RequestMsg) {
        assert(false);
      }
    }
  }

In the directory:

  in_port(foo1_in, ResponseMsg, foo1) {

  }

Does that mean that we can remove them?

Thank you

Marco and Enric

 --- Enric Herrero <enricherrero@xxxxxxxx> escribió:

> We are studying the use of the virtual networks in
> the MOESI_CMP_Directory protocol. We saw that in
> this protocol there are two message buffers called
> 'foo' and 'goo'. We don't understand which purpose
> have and between which components are they
> connected. They are defined in the L1 object using
> the VN(1) and in the directory using VN(0). Why?
>
>  Also in the network parameters we assume that link
> bandwith is specified in bytes/(1000*time_cycle) and
> link latency in cycles. Is this correct?
>
>  Thank you
>
>  Marco and Enric

LLama Gratis a cualquier PC del Mundo.
http://es.voice.yahoo.com