[Gems-users] Ruby cycles

Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2006 13:16:16 -0800 (PST)
From: arrvindh shriraman <arrvindh_shriraman@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Gems-users] Ruby cycles
My understanding of ruby-cycles is that it is basically the global-time on the event-queue when the dump-stats is triggered. But some of my results seem really weird even on the base MOSI_SMP_bcast. Using a hierarchical tree switch. I am running a shared counter protected by TATAS. Compared to execution on a real sunfire U6800.  There is significant degradation in the benchmark performance. Especially the numbers for the Ruby-cycles seem to be N_{procs}*T_{expected}.

Is there something I am missing ?