[Gems-users] hitcallback() question

Date: Wed, 01 Nov 2006 18:40:55 +1030
From: May Zhao <zhao0043@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Gems-users] hitcallback() question
Hi ,

I met a problem about hitcallback() in Sequencer.C. I found there are two functions will call hitcallback(). One is sequencer.writeCallback() from "hh_load_hit" event in MOSI_SMP_bcast-cache.sm. Another is makeRequest() from SimicsProcessor.C. The first one execute cache coherence protocol through file
MOSI_SMP_bcast-cache.sm. However, the second flow also modify the data block in
L1Cache.
My question is what difference between these two functions lead to hitcallback()? Why not all the requests will be processed by MOSI_SMP_bcast-cache.sm? Why some requests come from SimicsProcessor.C to perform hitcallback()? I found the makeRequest() from SimicsProcessor.C may cause the data inconsistency.
     Thank you very much for any help.

Regards,
May