[Gems-users] Data structure in SLICC

Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2006 14:33:04 -0600
From: "Lei Yang" <lya755@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Gems-users] Data structure in SLICC
Dear List,

I have a question on the SLICC language. I'm working with MSI_MOSI_CMP_directory protocol. In my implementation I need to change the data structure, Entry getL2CacheEntry(Address addr), and I need to trigger a replacement event in that function. However when I try to compile, SLICC gives me the following error:

../protocols/MSI_MOSI_CMP_directory-L2cache.sm:258: Error: Unrecognized function name: 'trigger'

I think this is because the data structure doesn't allow triggering events. Would anyone tell me what's an alternative way to achieve what I want to do? I really appreciate your comments!!

Best Regards,
Lei