[Gems-users] Could Opal simulate MIPS?

Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2006 11:11:49 +0800
From: "hongxia sun" <sunhx.seraph@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Gems-users] Could Opal simulate MIPS?
Dear all,

We want to use Simics+Ruby+Opal to simulate a CMP system constructed by MIPS R10000 processors. However, we saw that Opal implements SPARC instruction set although it models after MIPS R10000. Further more, we find in Simics document that Simics only support Malta (MIPS 4kc) which looks like a embedded system. Does that mean Simics cannot simulate a CMP system with MIPS processors? Is it the reason why GEMS models Opal after MIPS R10000 but support SPARC instruction set?

Another question: If we have a MIPS simulator, could we migrate Ruby to interface with our simulator and use our simulator sending memory transitions to Ruby such as Simics does?

Any reply will be very appreciative!

Thank you!

Best Regards,
Hongxia SUN