[Gems-users] cache configuration and statistics

Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2006 14:33:32 +0100
From: "Mladen Nikitovic" <mladen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Gems-users] cache configuration and statistics
Hi,

I wanted to configure a CMP with local L1 I/D-caches for each processor (and
a shared unified L2) so I thought that the number of caches would scale as I
increase the number of processors. That seems not to be the case when I look
at the statistics. What configuration parameter do I need to change in order
to make this possible? Once this is done, are the statistics collected
individually (per cache basis) or are they aggregated?

My second question is regarding the statistics of the caches. I don't see
where the (total) number of accesses to a particular cache is shown in the
ruby_dump_stats output.

Regards,
Mladen