Re: [Gems-users] instruction-cache-access-trace

Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 14:06:44 -0600
From: Dan Gibson <degibson@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Gems-users] instruction-cache-access-trace
You should ask in the Simics forums what that output means. That output did not appear in 3.0.11 when we were porting GEMS.

Dave Z. wrote:
Hello,

I've upgraded my Simics to 3.0.22. When I do
instruction-fetch-mode instruction-fetch-trace, I get
the following output:

[cpu0 info] Note that on this cpu,
instruction-fetch-trace is implemented using
instruction-cache-access-trace with a suitable cache
line size.
[cpu1 info] Note that on this cpu,
instruction-fetch-trace is implemented using
instruction-cache-access-trace with a suitable cache
line size.

Do I need to change anything in my configuration to
make it work the way it worked in Simics 2.2.19? I
wouldn't want to get different simulation results.

Thanks,

DZ