[Gems-users] accessing Ruby from Simics decoder module

Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2006 16:08:31 -0700 (PDT)
From: "Dave Z." <zhu_dave@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Gems-users] accessing Ruby from Simics decoder module
Hello,

I'm looking into defining new instructions in Simics,
so I'll install a new instruction decoder module in
Simics. I'm wondering if it is possible to send
messages to the cache controller from the decoder
module. For example, one of the instructions will take
destination cpu number (stored in a register) as an
argument and send some message to the cache
controller. The cache controller will then use the
destination cpu number and take some actions. I'm not
sure if it is possible to access Ruby from a Simics
decoder module, is it? Thank you for your help.

Regards,

Dave