[Gems-users] Atomic operation implementation

Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 22:58:43 +0800
From: "hongxia sun" <sunhx.seraph@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Gems-users] Atomic operation implementation
Dear all,

In our recently simulation on GEMS, we are trying to implement our protocol based on MSI_MOSI_CMP_directory protocol.

We found there was a "CacheRequestType:ATOMIC" can come from mandatory queue which communicated with processor, but no actual support on such atomic operation in protocol.

We tried to support such atomic operation in our protocol. We wondered whether such atomic memory access was tranfer by SIMICS to RUBY through files in /ruby/simics/.

We noticed that in GEMS home page, the description of GEMS Key Features said "Leverages the power of Virtutech Simics to simulate a Sparc multiprocessor system. " Does it mean that GEMS only support Sparc atomic instruction? Or SIMICS can split atomic instructions of different processors into the same memory access operation to GEMS? How can we implement atomic operation in our protocol? Where could we start from?

Any help will be greatly appreciate!
Thank you!

Best Regards,
Hongxia Sun