Re: [Gems-users] Changing processors per chip

Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2006 09:16:46 -0500
From: Dan Gibson <degibson@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Gems-users] Changing processors per chip
The only reason I am aware of is to ensure that each processor has an L1, and that there aren't any unused L1s floating around. There might be some implementation details to iron out in Ruby's code -- I recommend you grep for g_PROCS_PER_CHIP and RubyConfig::numberOfProcsPerChip() and have a look at where they are used. I expect this will be a long list... perhaps others will have a more insightful reply.

Regards,
Dan

Hemayet Hossain wrote:

Sorry, my earlier email had wrong subject heading.

Currently the ruby requires  "the number L1Cache controller to be equals
to the number of processor per chip".  Can anybody tell me why is that
requirement is to maintain? If I want to change that constraint then
where have I to change (any pointer for looking)? I will really
appreciate any sort of reply.
Thanks.
------
Hemayet