[Gems-users] cache misses over a period of time

Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2006 00:33:42 -0700
From: "Abhishek Ranjan" <absk82@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Gems-users] cache misses over a period of time
Hi,
I have an application and I want to see the number of cache misses generated by it over a period of time and I want to get this data for a long period of time as well as multiple small periods to get the standard deviation. I tried using opal for this and even though opal gives the data for one particular period, it cannot give the corresponding data for multiple small periods because once opal encounters magic break point, we cannot step it as mentioned in one of the previous threads. Also, using just ruby would not be accurate as it assumes no pipeline stalls, and a simple in-order processor modelled by simics. Could anyone please give me some suggestion on what can be done for this?
Thanks a lot,
Abhishek