[Gems-users] DIRECTORY_LATENCY in ruby

Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2006 12:37:30 -0500
From: "Lei Yang" <lya755@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Gems-users] DIRECTORY_LATENCY in ruby
Dear list,

I am trying to figure out the meanings of latencies in ruby configuration. One thing I am not quite sure about is DIRECTORY_LATENCY. I noticed with protocol trace running the tester that whenever there is a L2 request to change the state of other L2 sharers or a L2 modified owner, both the DIRECTORY_LATENCY and NETWORK_LINK_LATENCY are applied. However, when look up in the Directory only NETWORK_LINK_LATENCY is applied. So would some one explain explicitly what is DIRECTORY_LATENCY?

Thank you!

Lei