Re: [Gems-users] Temporary reservation of TBE in transactional stores?

Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2006 05:05:50 -0700 (PDT)
From: James Wang <jameswang99@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Gems-users] Temporary reservation of TBE in transactional stores?
Hi Enrique :
    The main reason for the complication of what you
observed is to deal with certain situations like two
legged transactional write, like from I to IM, the
cache line's W bit could not be set until the cache
line is obtained by p0. So, to member to set the w bit
of the cache line, the TBE's w bit is set. The same
procedure is also applied in other situations for
consistency reasons, I surmise.

--- Enrique Vallejo Gutiérrez <enrique@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>