[Gems-users] L2_Cache_Controller Identifier

Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2006 11:30:20 +0200
From: "Daniele Bordes" <daniele.bordes@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Gems-users] L2_Cache_Controller Identifier
Hi all. I'm trying to debug ruby by using gdb debugger with
tester.exec; as ruby configuration, I use MOESI_CMP_NUCA as protocol
and "Network File Specified" as Network topology. The system is an
8-CMP, and L2cache has 32 banks.
My question is:

What is the relationship between L2_cache_controller identifier and
the ID used in the network file for the L2_banks?

The problem is that, by using the debugger,  it seems to me that, when
a block is searched over L2-cache, the first bank to be scanned
(L2_cache_controller::wakeup() ) is the one considered "local" respect
to the L1-cache which has forwarded the request, according to
Ruby_Slicc_Component_mapping functions; but looking inside the Network
File, the bank with the same ID really does not seem to be local to
L1_cache.

Sorry to be a nuisance.
Thank you very much.