Re: [Gems-users] PSTATE Register

Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2006 22:35:39 -0500
From: Kevin Moore <kmoore@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Gems-users] PSTATE Register
James,
We don't restore the psate register because that's not part of the state of the aborting thread. In LogTM, transactions are not speculative. Instructions in the transaction modify architectural state--both registers and memory. When a transaction aborts, only the state of that one thread is restored. This doesn't corrupt the machine in LogTM, because aborts always occur in user mode.

--Kevin