[Gems-users] Network Traffic in Ruby

Date: Mon, 3 Jul 2006 10:27:00 +0200
From: "Daniele Bordes" <daniele.bordes@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Gems-users] Network Traffic in Ruby
Hi all. I'm studying Ruby source code, in particular the part
concerning SimpleNetwork and Topology. I have noticed that these
objects are created:

SimpleNetwork
Topology (pointed from a pointer in SimpleNetwork)

Vector<Vector<MessageBuffer*> > m_toNetQueues;
Vector<Vector<MessageBuffer*> > m_fromNetQueues;
Vector<Switch*> m_switch_ptr_vector;
Vector<MessageBuffer*> m_buffers_to_free;
Vector<Switch*> m_endpoint_switches;

These last ones are members of SimpleNetwork.

Well, I really would like to understand what sequence of functions is
used to simulate traffic over the network (specified by a file), for
instance to implement a search over the L2_cache (possibly at a level
of abstraction higher then the one realized by slicc),  and what are
the relationship between the network and the bank partitioning in
local banks and center banks  (which seems to be realized in
RubySlicc_ComponentMapping), but I still do not manage to understand
that.  Please, may someone help me?

Sorry to be a nuisance.
Thank you all very much.