Re: [Gems-users] Error in TransactionalManager

Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2007 11:08:08 -0500
From: Kevin Moore <kmoore@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Gems-users] Error in TransactionalManager
Avadh,
Yes, 1024 will trigger TM behavior. You can turn that off in ruby/simics/commands.C in magic_instruction_callback.

--Kevin

On Apr 19, 2007, at 11:58 PM, avadh patel wrote:

Thanks for quick reply.
I am using MOSI_SMP_bcast (unmodified) without any transactional memory system.

I am unaware of any magic calls that inadvertently invoke transactions. But i think this must be the case because when I run the tester it doesn't give any such errors. If this is the case then how should I deal with it? In my Ocean benchmark compiled i call the magic-breakpoint with value of 1024. Do you think this should be different?

Thanks in advance.

- Avadh