Re: [Gems-users] A minor bug in LogTM protocol

Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2007 13:06:53 +0800
From: 郭锐 <timmyguo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Gems-users] A minor bug in LogTM protocol
Thanks for your reply.
The ii_allocateL1DCacheBlock action in IS/Retry transition should only clear
the flags (Trans, Logged, Read, Write, Permission are all cleared). It will
affect the profile message in this way:
The controller will call profileTransactionLoad() method to do some
profiling in the h_load_hit action if the 'Trans' flag of the cache line is
set. The Trans flag of a cache line is only set when the controller begin to
serve the LD_XACT/ST_XACT request. If the cache line in question was in "I"
state before the request, it will transit to IS state to wait for Data or
Nack message. And if it got nacked, a Retry will finally trigger and thus
clear the Trans flag of the cache line as I described above.

Currently, the profileTransactionLoad() method only print some messages on
the screen when "PROFILE_XACT" is set to true, So it doesn't really harmful.
But what if one choose to add some serious statistics in this method?