Re: [Gems-users] Consumer wakeup and EventQueue

Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2007 07:49:26 -0500
From: Dan Gibson <degibson@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Gems-users] Consumer wakeup and EventQueue
You can find the global event queue in $GEMS/ruby/system/EventQueue.[Ch]

Greg Byrd wrote:
I'm pretty sure it's a global event queue.  The event itself carries
information about its consumer object.  When that event reaches the head
of the event queue, it calls the wakeup method of the object named in
the event.

...Greg

Niket Agarwal wrote:

Hi all,
I have a question.

Gems being an event-driven simulation setup,  is there a global event
queue or are there eventqueues for all separate nodes ?

I want to as to when and where are wakeup's of Consumers called ?

For instance, if an additional Switch is instantiated, how does GEMS
know as to when to wake it up ?

Thanks for the help.

Niket.