Re: [Gems-users] block events in MOESI SMP directory protocol

Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2007 09:06:10 -0600
From: "Mike Marty" <mike.marty@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Gems-users] block events in MOESI SMP directory protocol
The protocol uses blocking directories to manage races.  When a request reaches a directory, it generates a forward/invalidates and enters a blocking transient state.  When the requestor completes, it sends an unblock message to the directory.  If a subsequent request reaches the directory when blocked, it buffers until unblocked.

The max number of sharers for  a cache line is the number of processors in the system.

--Mike