[Gems-users] Running SPEC 2K6 benchmarks

Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2007 12:01:32 -0500
From: Ranjith Subramanian <ranji@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Gems-users] Running SPEC 2K6 benchmarks
It's more of a simics problem but I thought I'd ask on this group since many of you might have tried running the SPEC 2K6 benchmarks on Simics with Ruby/Opal.

Initially I mounted the SPEC 2K6 installation disk on the simics FS and tried installing it on the simics drive. I got some errors.

I then tried copying the installation files onto the simics drive and I get the following error.

Flushing to /var/tmp/swap.sd0_image.1: /var/tmp/swap.sd0_image.1: craff write: No space left on device
[cpu0] v:0x00000000004fc684 p:0x000004fc684  add %o1, 64, %o1

Has anyone been able to run these benchmarks on Simics/GEMS? If so, how did you go about installing the benchmarks and runnign them? Do you use any form of sampling, b'coz these benchmarks seem to take about 20 minutes to run even on a very powerful system.

Ranjith