[Gems-users] cpu-switch-time

Date: Wed, 03 Jan 2007 19:32:14 -0500
From: Shougata Ghosh <shougata@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Gems-users] cpu-switch-time
Hi
How does the simulation time vary with cpu-switch-time? I'm running the tm-deque (transactional microbenchmark) program with MESI_SMP_LogTm_directory (Ruby only) and have set cpu-switch-time to 1. It seems to be running extremely slow! Earlier, I had mistakenly run it with cpu-switch-time set to 1000 (default) and it ran much faster. Any ideas on this? I expected cpu-switch-time to affect the correctness of transactional programs but not quite sure why it is slowing down simulation time.
Thanks