[Gems-users] "* ERROR: object 'ruby0' has no queue associated"

Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2007 02:52:10 -0500
From: Shougata Ghosh <shougata@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Gems-users] "* ERROR: object 'ruby0' has no queue associated"
Hi
I was running ruby with simics and I got the following error message:
* ERROR: object 'ruby0' has no queue associated
 patching by forcing association to processor object 'cpu0'

Has anyone seen this or anything similar before? This is what I was doing:
I start simics with "./simics -stall"
read a checkpoint
add a hap_callback for magic breakpoints that just pauses simics
run my benchmark program
When the first breakpoint is reached and simics is paused, I delete the hap_callback function I had added before.
Then I load ruby with the following:
   dstc-disable
   magic-break-disable
   cpu-switch-time (1)
   c 10000
   #Print new cpu switch time
   cpu-switch-time
   magic-break-enable
   load-module ruby
   #Ruby parameters
   ruby0.setparam g_NUM_PROCESSORS 16
   ruby0.setparam g_PROCS_PER_CHIP 1
   ruby0.setparam g_MEMORY_SIZE_BYTES 268435456
   ruby0.setparam_str REMOVE_SINGLE_CYCLE_DCACHE_FAST_PATH true
ruby0.init
[At this point, I get the following confirmation:
   successful installation of the ruby timing model.
   Ruby Timing Mode
   Warning: optimizations not enabled.
   Creating event queue...
   Creating event queue done
   Creating system...
     Processors: 16
   Creating system done
   Ruby initialization complete]

Then I continue running the simulation

The first time ruby is invoked from simics, I get this error message:
* ERROR: object 'ruby0' has no queue associated
 patching by forcing association to processor object 'cpu0'

Any ideas?
Thanks a lot
-shougata