Re: [Gems-users] fifo buffer

Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2007 12:30:41 -0800 (PST)
From: "Dave Z." <zhu_dave@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Gems-users] fifo buffer
Thanks for your reply, Mike. I've looked at the Ruby
network code. My current configuration is a
2-processor SMP system w/ SIMPLE_NETWORK
(g_CACHE_DESIGN: NUCA). Does this mean that the
NUCA_Procs-2_ProcsPerChip-1_L2Banks-2_Memories-2.txt
file is used for network configuration? Or is there
some other configuration file for SIMPLE_NETWORK?

Could you please tell me the format of the network
code? For example, in
NUCA_Procs-2_ProcsPerChip-1_L2Banks-2_Memories-2.txt,
I understand that L1-0, L2-0, DIR-0 are connected to
link 0 and L1-1, L2-1, DIR-1 are connected to link 1.
Also, link 0 and link 1 are connected. Am I right? But
I don't understand why there is no DIR-1 connection in
NUCA_Procs-2_ProcsPerChip-2_L2Banks-2_Memories-2.txt.

The MessageBuffers in *.sm files are created based on
the physical links in network code, right? If so, to
create a fifo buffer, I should add physical links in
network code and then create MessageBuffer in *.sm
file, right?

Thanks a lot!

Dave