Re: [Gems-users] # of processor

Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2007 19:55:17 -0500
From: Mike Marty <mikem@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Gems-users] # of processor
What do you have in mind? Ruby doesn't model processors, but it does use g_NUM_PROCESSORS to hook up the right Sequencers to the right Simics processors. You can modify Ruby to change things and allow multiple Simics processors to connect to the same L1 cache. You can also have L1 controllers that don't connect to any Simics processor if you wanted.

--Mike

Lide Duan wrote:
Just a quick question...

Is it possible that to configure ruby with a number of processors different from the checkpoint created in simics. E.g. if I simulate a checkpoint with 8 processors in simics, can I configure the ruby with more or less processors? Is it a firm restriction to have the same number of processors?

Thanks,
Lide