[Gems-users] How I start installing applications on the simics for gems.

Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2007 17:03:15 +0900
From: 김현진 <nagicman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Gems-users] How I start installing applications on the simics for gems.
To Gems Users.
Hi.
I am interested in the Network model for Chip Multiprocessor.

Now, I'm a novice for gems and simics, so I have no appropriate applications
for gems and simics. Therefore, I am trying to install applications on virtual machine
downloaded from the simics website.

However, after modifying the cup number (1->16), error messages are shown in monitor.

After inserting the disk image in image directory in simics, I have modified the script for the serek and x86.

Due to the error, I cannot go forward anymore.

For Chip Multiprocessor, how I can modifiy the simics script?
Or Where can I reference the scripts for chip multiprocessors.

Can you recommend which the image file from the simics are suitable for the simulation
for chip multiprocessors?

Thank you for your interesting. Please give hints or answer.

Best Regards.

HyunJin Kim
Ph. D Candidate in Dept. of EE of Yonsei University.