[Gems-users] adding a new component

Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2007 17:32:46 -0700 (PDT)
From: "Dave Z." <zhu_dave@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Gems-users] adding a new component
Hello,

I'm trying to add a new component to each chip in the system. I've created a C++ file in $GEMS/ruby/system/ and modified SLICC files as necessary. I've defined:

Vector < XXX * > m_L1Cache_XXX_vec in AbstractChip.h

to be able to do the following:

XXX* x_ptr = g_system_ptr->getChip(...)->getXXX();

Within this component I'd like to be able to access the sequencer as well (I don't know if this changes anything). I'm getting 'm_size != 0' assertion, even though the vector size is set to 0 just like the sequencer vector. I'm probably overlooking something. Could you please show me some pointers?

Thanks,

Dave

Food fight? Enjoy some healthy debate
in the Yahoo! Answers Food & Drink Q&A.