Re: [Gems-users] Accessing TLB replacement information from Simics

Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2007 08:28:45 -0600
From: Dan Gibson <degibson@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Gems-users] Accessing TLB replacement information from Simics
You might want to look at the Simics hap functionality, especially the so-called "Core_Exception" haps (see the Simics Reference Manual). From there you can deconstruct the TLB mappings from the US-III+ manual from Sun.

The TLB itself is also an actual Simics entity of some type -- see the Serengeti target guide for details on it. It *might* be possible to access it directly to determine the initial mappings.

Regards,
Dan

avadh patel wrote:
Hello Everyone,

I would like to have the information of TLB entry replacements of Simics. Because As per my knowledge, Gems uses the Simics' TLB. For my project I want to know which TLB entries are replaced and which entries are being placed. Is there any Simics interface that can be helpful to me?

Thanks in advance.

- Avadh