Re: [Gems-users] Detailed Network in GEMS

Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 10:31:52 -0500 (CDT)
From: Mike Marty <mikem@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Gems-users] Detailed Network in GEMS
Niket,

Yes, I believe that interfacing your own network simulator into
PerfectSwitch::wakeup() is a sound strategy.  Thus the endpoints of the
interconnect has PerfectSwitches, and everything in between is your own
simulation.

I imagine your network simulator will likely just deliver messages to
their endpoints at the right cycle.

GEMS ultimately unstalls Simics when a memory transaction completes.  It
doesn't really return a certain stall time to Simics.

--Mike