Re: [Gems-users] LogTM addMagicEntry problem

Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2007 15:40:43 +0800
From: 郭锐 <timmyguo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Gems-users] LogTM addMagicEntry problem

This hack is just to correct the behavior of the underlying Simics simulator.

The transaction abort in LogTM is handled by resetting the PC to the start point

of the transaction and then resuming the Simics after the context has been restored.

However, Simics will execute the instruction against which it was paused when it got resumed.

This behavior may pollute the memory if the instruction is a write. And this hack comes to rescue.

I think, though, it’s better to move the hack out of the protocol to a proper position.