Re: [Gems-users] LogTM bug: no reset on overflow bit!

Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2007 11:52:05 +1200
From: "Cong Wang" <jameswang99@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Gems-users] LogTM bug: no reset on overflow bit!
Hi there:
    It seems that in both of these protocols, the overflow bit is
reset when a CacheRequestType:ABORT_XACT, or
CacheRequestType:COMMIT_XACT comes in. But the problem is that these
two CacheRequestType never come in because the transactions get
aborted or committed through magic calls which are handled by calling
abortTransaction and commitTransaction methods in the transaction
manager. This can be verified in $GEMS/ruby/simics/command.C file.
    So, to make the protocol works with overflowing transactions, one
has to modify the protocol to set, clear and check of overflow bit
using the relevant methods in transaction manager. Hopefully this gets
incorporated into the new release of GEMS.

Regards
James Wang